
Happy Memorial Day! I hope everyone had a blessed weekend. This Holiday has always been one close to my heart, but since becoming a military wife and seeing & becoming a part of the military traditions, it is even more. I spent most of the weekend thinking about all the families that have sacrificed so much. I can not imagine how hard it is to tell your loved one goodbye and send them off to war and then never get the chance to see them & tell them again. I praise the Lord everyday that Robbie came home safely from Iraq. He had a few close calls, one in particular that I didn't get full details until he got home (and for that I'm glad), but God saw it fit to keep a protective hedge around him and bring him home. Some though, did not. My grandfather served in the Navy in WWII, my uncle in Vietnam, and my cousin was deployed several times with the Navy & Army. Military has always been in our family, but I have to be honest, it didn't hit home with me until I was right in the middle of it. I have learned to be grateful for a 60 second time-period, a hot shower, a phone call, a microwave, and even just a rain storm. For the families that have lived the life as a military family you have all my respect & gratitude, and to all the families that support our troops and pray for them daily, you have my deepest thanks. I've thought a lot this past few days over the last 3-1/2 years and I thought I would share a few pictures from our experiences & memories...

Fort Jackson

Robbie's Graduation from Basic Training


Deployment Ceremony

Robbie as a gunner in the Caymen

Still using his electrical skills even in Iraq

Homecoming!!
And last but definately not least...a couple from the Raleigh History Museum we visited in March...

This Flag was flown in 2004 during Operation Iraqi Freedom

This plaque listed the names of the 30th HBCT soldiers who lost their lives during Operation Iraqi Freedom 2003-2005 and the 2009-2010 Deployment that Robbie was with.

"Where Liberty Dwells...There is My Country" Benjamin Franklin

No comments:
Post a Comment