It's official, I now have a 1st and a 5th grader! Today was the 2nd actual day for both of them, but they have both come home each day saying what a good day it had been. The first day I had to go to the school anyway so I took them & walked them in. Kayla quickly abandoned me as soon as she saw a friend down the hall, but that's to be expected. Emma was a little nervous about finding her classroom again all by herself so I told her I would walk with her to make sure she got the correct room. Sure enough though, she remembered where it was & walked right in, stopped & unloaded her bookbag & planner & never even turned around to say goodbye! I was a little surprised, but so proud of my big girl!
Kayla is going to have a little more of load this year. She has 3 teachers, each teaching 1 of the 3 main courses for the EOGS in the spring. I'm a little nervous for her. This is the year when you for sure start to see differences in kids and of course little attitudes forming. I am on the verge of having a pre-teen and it scary!
It was so sad this year when I compared pics from last year's first day of school to this one. I couldn't get over how much they have changed & the fact that they were growing up right before my eyes! For now though, I'll hold on to my babies as long as they'll let me!
Here are the two pictures that brought me to tears....
Aug. 25, 2009


Aug. 25, 2010
Wow they have changed a lot in the last year.
ReplyDelete