Robbie, Jennifer, Kayla, Emma & Ava

Saturday, December 18, 2010

She's Here!!

That's right....Ava Grace Beaver is here!! Born December 12, 2010, 5 lbs. 14 oz. 18-1/2 in.

I always said this baby already had a mind of her own and boy was I right! Here's a little rundown of her arrival:
My due date was actually Dec. 24th Christmas Eve, so I begged the Dr. to please let me go a little early so I wouldn't be in the hospital on Christmas and be home enough before to get adjusted. So, Dr. Hall said we could schedule my induction for a week early, Dec. 17th. I was suppose to go on the 15th to pre-admit & get ready for the early trip to the hospital on the 17th. With that being said last weekend I wasn't feeling like myself..mainly just tired. Saturday night we had taken the girls along w/ my parents to my cousin's church to see the Live Nativity. After we got home I was so tired so I went on to bed. About 3:30am I woke up to what I thought could be mild contractions. Robbie woke up & asked me if I was ok & jokingly if I was in labor. To his surprise, I said yes, I think so. I got up, took a shower to see if the pains continued, in which they did. By about 5:20am I came through the kitchen and in an instant my water broke. I was stunned b/c my water never broke with the girls so I was a little anxious as to what would happen next. I hadn't packed anything for myself yet, just Ava, so I had to hurry & do a load of laundry, call my mom to come get the girls and then my dad called right back to ask if we had looked outside? Um, no? Well, to our surprise there was at least 2 inches on snow already on the ground and it was still pouring!! It hit me then...pure PANIC! We hurried to get the rest of what we needed & left the house around 7:45am. The roads were not in good condition and we had to stop a couple times due to accidents along the way, but managed to get to the hospital safely & checked in by 9:00am. My contractions had tapered off since my water broke so at 11:00 I was given the dreaded IV drip of pitocin. After about 12 hrs. of labor, 4-1/2 of which was on the pitocin and no pain meds, our little bundle of joy made her entrance into the world. She was 12 days early...born on the 12 day of December at 3:21pm in room 321. I know that God & Ava had that part all worked out!! We are so blessed! Today, she is 6 days old and more perfect that I could ever imagine. We are looking forward to Christmas at home together, all of us this year!

Here are a few pictures of our beautiful blessing! Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment