"Why" has been the most uttered word running through my mind over the last month. It seems like all I have done lately is fuss and complain about "why this?" or "why that?". Have you ever just felt like the whole world was against you and you had the worst luck ever?? Robbie & I have felt this so much over the last few weeks. It was like no matter how hard we tried & how much progress we were making something came along to throw us 3 steps behind. Despite these thoughts & how easily it is to ask, I've been burdened this week to stop complaining and asking why so much and start asking "why not?" or "what could it have been?". Instead of, why did he have an accident & we have no vehicle... so thankful no one was hurt worse & thankful God is making the truth apparent to us. Instead of, why is there no money....grateful God made a way for us to have new jobs, clothes, food & a home. Instead of, why did the air go out & why is it so hot outside...thankful to have air conditioning at all, clean cool water to drink & to not be in another country in the midst of a famine, drought or fighting a war. In all the why's that I have questioned, I've asked God to open my eyes and show me His plan and realize that things, even when they seem bad, could always be so much worse. In all my "why's", I've learned that there is indeed a reason, but even more so, something better just around the corner. In hard times SEEK GOD, in good times, PRAISE GOD and all the time TRUST GOD!!
I hope if any of you feel like this is the kind of day or week you've been having you can step back & just take a minute & see if there is something bigger & better God is trying to show you. Pray for me and my family that we will all not ask "why" so much but instead lean more on Him!
"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me."
John 14:1 KJV
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Family photos
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment