Robbie, Jennifer, Kayla, Emma & Ava

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

"I Don't Like Daddy's Master"

These were the words that came out of my 5 yr. old's mouth tonight as she had just asked me for like the 5th time "Is Daddy going to be here for Christmas?" While part of me wanted to just freeze and cry, I couldn't help but just look at her & giggle. Master? Where on earth did she get that? Emma definately has took a fascination with new words since beginning Kindergarten. And, mix that with her daddy's personality and you have pure entertainment 24/7. The girls usually don't say a lot about the deployment, but lately Emma I can tell has been a little frustrated and curious as to why daddy isn't home yet & when she sees a pic of a soldier she automatically asks me if he/she is with daddy. I hope one day they will understand just what her daddy & all the soldiers do for us daily & why he couldn't be home at Christmas. But, tonight the girls and I baked cookies for the girls school Christmas parties tomorrow & they worked on homemade Christmas cards for family. I feel like it is very important that they understand it is the things from the heart that truely matter most, and that even though the gifts are nice at Christmas, that is not what Christmas is about. To me, Christmas is all about love, God's love. I am thankful for God's love and the blessings he has given me & my family this year. I am thankful for his most precious gift of all, his son, Jesus Christ. I am very thankful for my family & friends and for my two precious little girls, who by the way, are not too little anymore, and their innocence. I wish sometimes I could just freeze them. I wonder if given the chance, Emma will ever get to talk to Daddy's master...hehehe

On a lighter note, I'm still trying to figure out all this blog stuff. I don't know that I ever will totally, but I'm having fun in the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment