Christmas, my favorite holiday. I love everything about it! I love to decorate, the lights, the cold & snow, the family gatherings, the nativity scenes, the Christmas plays, the Christmas story, the Christmas movies, the shared memories, the food, the shopping (yes I even had my 1st Black Friday experience this yr. & loved it), I love it all!! But, I stop & think about what makes Christmas, Christmas & what a night that must have been that night in that little Stable. What a miracle was born that night and what a Mighty God we serve today. I'm thankful that God sent his only son Jesus to be born that night & that he so willingly died to save his people.
Christmas, this year, wasn't the typical Christmas for us this year with Robbie being in Iraq. We made it as "normal" as we could though. I hooked up the laptop in the livingroom floor & thanks to technology & Skype, this Christmas, Robbie got to watch the girls wake up & open presents & enjoy the fun via webcam! It was definately not the same, but it was the closest we could come to being together. Hopefully in about 6-7 more weeks the Beaver household will be having Christmas again...tree & all! The girls & I are looking forward to that homecoming & celebration! I'm so thankful to the Lord for keeping Robbie & all our troops safe thus far and even though he couldn't be home for Christmas, I feel like my family has surely been blessed this year.
Family photos
7 years ago

I'm glad Christmas was as normal as possible. Not much longer now.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the blogging world. Can't wait to see what all you blog about.
ReplyDeleteI know, I'm so excited, can't you tell?? That's about all I talk about..hehee.
ReplyDeleteAs far as the blogging, I'm really not too good at it, it took me over an hr. to figure out how to change the Layout, but I'm going to give it my best shot!
Love both of you ladies!!