Robbie, Jennifer, Kayla, Emma & Ava

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Go Rest High on that Mountain



As most of you know already, Robbie made it home from his deployment safely and we as a family have been adjusting back to somewhat of a normal routine. We took off for a mini-vacation last week for our anniversary and it was great to get away for a while. Sometimes I think it is best to get away from all the craziness is just to get away & enjoy what God has given us. I don't think I'll ever look at a mountain the way I did when we were in TN. I had such peace just standing in the middle of nowhere looking at God's masterpiece. How amazing!
When we came back Monday, I got a call from my mother to let me know about a dear friend of mine, also Emma's teacher at school, had been to the Dr. and found out she had colon cancer. I was crushed to hear the news and scared for her. She was too young....could this really be happening to her??? My mind wondered back & forth the rest of the day thinking on how so many things have changed over the last year. I keep going back to the book I'm reading "A New Kind of Normal" and how no matter what we are faced with in our lives, God is in control at all times and he knows what is best for us & what the future holds. I will ask you to keep my friend, Allyson, in your prayers. She is scheduled for surgery on the 26th.
Today, we are back to the drawing board. Robbie has leave from the military until March 8th, then it's back to job & truck hunting. He was an electrician for Power-Tech Electric before deployment, but as the enconomy proves, there are no electrician jobs open these days. We sold his Blazer while he was gone to help with finances. He is a jack of all trades though & I know something great will come along for him.
This morning, the real surprise came, I got a call from my boss saying there wasn't any way she could pay me to come back full-time, not even part-time at this point. Part of me was a little bitter, part of me knew it was coming, but most of me just thought well, you have to pick up the pieces & go on. God has a plan for you, for your husband, and for your family. So, that's just what I'm going to do. We are going to keep on, keeping on. Robbie & I talked this morning and he told me "Jenn, don't get mad at me, but I prayed God would make a way for you not to go back to work there". He said, "God will make a way, we've never gone without, we just have to let him". I love my husband, he always knows how to encourage me when I seem to need it the most. Most of all, I love my Saviour. I'm so glad to know that if I have nothing else I know I'll always have him, and that's all I need. I'm glad that he is my rock and my mountain and I can find rest in him. I never knew how much I would turn to my favorite bible verse this past year, but I'm so glad I have it and the Lord's promise.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

No comments:

Post a Comment