I don't think I have ever looked more forward to a new year in my whole life!! I could barely sleep this past week in anticipation of the new year. Why you ask??? My husband is coming home in just a few more weeks!! Yippee! The long & dreaded deployment is almost over and hopefully by Valentines Day (give or take a couple days) our family will be re-united again! I have so many things I want to finish before he gets here though and a few surprises too...which I won't post just yet b/c I'm not sure if he reads this or not. But, one of them he is already aware of, I have planned Christmas at our house again in February. I plan on leaving all the inside decorations & Christmas tree up until Robbie can be home with us. We are going to have Christmas all over, complete with Christmas dinner & of course Robbie's fav...Tom the turkey!! Robbie has started a list of foods he wants when he gets back home, some of them to include Spaghetti, Lasagna, Turkey, Chicken Casserole, Shrimp & Chicken on the grill, pickled eggs, steak, sweet & regular potatoes and the list goes on & on. Lets just say he's not a fan of Army food or Iraqi food for that matter...haha! Robbie's 28th Birthday was also today, and the girls & I worked on cards & such today for him when he gets home as well. He said he wasn't turning 28 until he got home! :) We have a lot of celebrating to catch up on in February! We've also decided that if he comes home on a day the girls are in school and it can be arranged we are going to try to surprise both girls at school with his homecoming. There is nothing like the sweet surprised look on their faces when daddy comes home & this time for longer than a couple weeks. I've stocked up already on banners & signs and as soon as I get a call you can bet I'll be in Monroe ready & waiting!! I really can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for our family this year. We have been blessed so much over this past year and I can not thank him enough. But, soon enough the Beaver family will be back together again & we are ready for whatever God wants us to do! Hope everyone had a Happy New Year and a blessed beginning to 2010!!
First, I love the background. It looks great.
ReplyDeleteSecond, having a second Christmas is an awesome idea.
Third, our family is definitely praying for Robbie's swift and safe return. You've done well. Much better than I could have.
And finally, pickled eggs are just nasty. Gross. Seriously Robbie, I'm sure Army and Iraqi food has been gross. But you don't have to resort to pickled eggs.
Such a neat idea to have Christmas all over again. I love it., and I am sure that it is good for the girls, you and Robbie, too. I know youmust be ciounting the days down. Not long now.
ReplyDelete