Today has been one for the books..nothing really bad happened just every little thing that could happen, happened.
To start things off woke up at 6:48 and the bus comes at 7:00 so there was a mad dash to get clothes toothpaste & bookbags. I had to swing by West Caldwell to pick up a order & check for a 31 party I did Tues., then to work by 8:30...it was about 8:39 when I got there. Our office has been pretty slow lately due to the encomony, but today was the exception of the month. We had 3 purchases this morning @ 9, 10 & 11. It was unusually busy already with phones & clients and I was trying to multi-task as usual & put in that last order so I could get to the bank before 2:00. In the process of my multi-tasking I managed to cause an error and merge & delete parts of the 2 separate orders I had worked so hard on the night before to get ready. BLAH! I proceeding on with what I could @ work, then office errands which was the definate wrong time to be out. 11:30-12:30 on the eve of 10"+ snow is not the best time to be out trying to get to the banks. Got back to work & finally finished up there. Left @ 1:30 & ran to the DMV which was my second mistake...last business day before the end of the month!! Waited in line 15 mins. & finally got done there. (Just FYI: you have to take in your inspection sheet w/ your renewal now to get your sticker) Got home & still needed to finish my 31 order (and by finish I had to start all over & enter 35 orders in all over from scratch) & get back to the bank by 5:30, but I somehow had lost the envelope I picked up this morning with a check & info in it! Blah again! Went back to work & there it was in my desk. Back home, entered info & got girls off the bus. Went back to bank then to Walmart for a few things I needed & it wasn't bread or milk thank goodness! Then I had the bright idea to try Lowe's to see if they still had any snow shovels left. Wrong! Sold out! Finally, ran through McDonalds for some chicken nuggets & a gallon of sweet tea. Made it home safe & sound & had just sat down to enjoy my first bite of food/drink of the day and yuck, the tea was UNSWEET!! And, guess what?? The only thing I am completely out of is yep, you guessed it...SUGAR!! Oh, well! Haha! I just have to laugh, because even though my day was crazy, it was still a good day and I am blessed because of all the things I do have.
It's snowing outside now and it is so peaceful. God created such beautiful things as snowflakes and I love to see them fall & sparkle in the light. If I get snowed in all weekend, well that's just fine with me.
My hubby is due in the next week to arrive in GA and then soon thereafter I'll be going to finally pick up my best friend. I'm so glad this journey is almost over!
And, one last thing, I got the opportunity to meet & talk with Madison Bumgarner, the 18 yr. old South Caldwell baseball player turned Major League, now 20 yrs. old & just bought a house. We closed the loan & I was able to get 3 baseballs autographed for my favorite ball players at home. He said CA was definately not like home and when he finds himself missing home he thinks about all the people overseas & away from their families for whatever reason & he's thankful for what he has & is grateful for his life & opportunities he's been given. Somehow, that meant a lot to hear him say that. A lot of our young people don't think that way these days.
Well, I hope everyone enjoys some play time in the snow this weekend! Be safe & have fun!
Family photos
7 years ago

It has indeed been a weird week. Hopefully your weekend will be better. And just a few more days!!!
ReplyDelete